Objective of Analyses
This work specifically addresses the CFD analysis of the Heat sink module to simulate:-
- Natural convection cooling for lengths of 200,250,300,400mm.
- Forced convection cooling for lengths of 200,250,300,400mm.
- Forced convection cooling with airflow speeds of 2,4,6,8 m/s
- Temperature stabilization with the time of heat sink for forced and natural convection
- Optimize the Geometry parameters for optimum Rth (Thermal Resistance) Value
The above 3D model was created and transferred to ANSYS Fluent for analysis with geometry input parameters for response surface optimization. A number of studies were conducted such as Natural Convection, Forced Convection with different flow speeds.
The analysis for natural convection cooling of the heat sink with a 25 W heat source for lengths of
200,250,300 and 400 mm yielded the following results.
The analysis for forced convection cooling at 2 m/s, of the heat sink with a 25 W heat source for
lengths of 200,250,300 and 400 mm yielded the following results.
The number of analyses were performed to study the variation of flow speed on the rth value and temperature profiles of the heat sink.
CFD study was performed, the variation on rth value for forced convection and Natural Convection was studied, thereby performing response surface analysis for optimization of geometrical parameters (Not shown in this article).